Thursday, April 05, 2007

Public Nudity

So... in an effort to try to show the ridiculousness of the ideas that God should be treated as if He is not real and/or irrelevant when it comes to public schools and other "matters of state," I figured that I would play the devil's advocate and suggest that public nudity - even public sex - should not be discouraged - and certainly not made illegal.

I mean, who are you to tell me that I have to wear clothes!? How tyrannical! You are depriving me of my freedoms and my "right to choose" to walk around public naked!

What was that? Oh... You mean to say that insisting that I be clothed in public is not to deprive me of my civil liberties? But who are you to make that judgment?

Besides, if you feel compelled for whatever reason to wear clothes in public, by all means wear clothes. But I have my rights! I have the right to walk around naked if I want to! It's called freedom. The right to choose? Hello?

No? I don't have that right? Well, that's your opinion. You have your opinions, and I have mine. Why don't you try being a little more open-minded?

The only reason why public nudity and public sex is intolerable and unlawful in this country is because of the influence of all those bigoted Christians on the neofascist "Christian" right. Hello? Separation of church and state! If your religion teaches you some weird doctrine about being modest in public, then by all means, feel free to practice your weird religion. But who are you to tell me that I need to practice your religion?! I have my rights! I have the right to walk around naked. I have the right to have sex in public.

What? You still don't agree with me? That's because you want a theocracy. You are trying to make your religion the law of the land. If you don't like freedom, then why don't you go move to Iran! But this is America. The land of the free! Women don't have cover themselves up. Not at all! Let it all hang out!

It's cool to practice your religion, just keep your religious convictions separate from matters of state, okay?

Legalize public nudity or I'm coming after you with the ACLU.

The human body is nothing to be ashamed of.

4 Comments:

Blogger mungojelly said...

Hi! I'm a nudist, so I'm not quite feeling your sarcasm. There's actually nothing harmful about the naked human body, and I seriously wish you would stop forcing me to conform to your irrational morality. TIA.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Mungojelly, did I ever ask you what your wishes are?

Psalm 52:1-9
"Why do you boast of evil, you mighty man? Why do you boast all day long, you who are a disgrace in the eyes of God? Your tongue plots destruction; it is like a sharpened razor, you who practice deceit. You love evil rather than good, falsehood rather than speaking the truth. You love every harmful word, O you deceitful tongue!

Surely God will bring you to everlating ruin: He will snatch you up and tear your tent; he will uproot you from the land of the living. The righteous will see and fear; they will laugh at him saying, 'Here now is the man who did not make God his stronghold but trusted in his great wealth and grew strong by destroying others!'

But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints."

God bless you. I'm coming down hard on you, because of your sinful attitude. But I'm not a hater. I desire your best good. If you submit to the Word of God, you will be blessed. I hope that you do.

Peace.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

By the way...

Anarchism is a really bad idea.
There are two reasons why people are attracted to anarchism:

1. Man is sinful and corrupt. Thus, those in authority in government are sinful and corrupt. Absolute authority usually corrupts. (note, that I say "usually"). History is not lacking for evidence that, left unchecked, corrupt men in power abuse those under their authority.

2. Man is sinful and corrupt. That is, men are prideful and rebellious. The anarchist simply hates the idea of submitting to authority. And so, they don't.

In both cases, the reason why people are attracted to anarchism is due to the sinfulness of men. But if men of integrity don't contend for political power, then corrupt men will gain political power by default. We will have government in one form or another. That is, as a society, in one way or another, we will govern ourselves some way - whether or not that way (or ways) are just or unjust. The question is never whether or not this will happen, but how it will happen.

The good news is that there is a holy, just, and sovereign God on whose shoulders the government shall rest. God is in control.

Blessings.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Drew Costen said...

Legalize public nudity or I'm coming after you with the ACLU.

The only real argument I can see for not legalizing public nudity (and it's already partially legal here in Ontario, women are allowed to go topless here) is for hygiene reasons. Beyond that, I can't think of any reason not to allow it.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home